Don’t pay or give ANY personal information out about you, your partner, or vendors, to any of the online wedding map company. Your dates, addresses, friends names, vendors, and church should be kept personal.
If you already have a Google account you can create a free online Google Map for your wedding guests and vendors to reference.
Today people like getting a printed map as well as looking at a more detailed map online while in route to the wedding and reception. Anyone can print a Google Map or access it from any smartphone anywhere in the World!
The reasons for having a wedding map online are many:
1. Late wedding changes in location(s) and times can EASILY be updated on an online Google map.
2. The map can be posted and emailed. Also, Wedding Vendors and late invites can be directed to the wedding without length direction information.
3. You don't have to deal with reprinted revisions to your wedding map if you do one online. Time is money and I know a lot of people who have had to throw out printed wedding maps due to wrong locations, routes, dates, times and errors. If you do the map and directions on a Google Map you have total control to change things the even on the day of the wedding. You can easily create a free wedding map or any custom Google Map in minutes using the free Google Maps. The advantages to this are you have full control over creating the map that is clickable with your links and photos. Also, it is associated with your Google account and not some commercial third party host that could mine and sell any information you give them, or worse get hacked!
Wedding Map Help
To create a online Google Map for a Wedding or Locator Map you need to do the following:
1. Log into your Google My Maps with your Google Account at https://www.google.com/maps/d/. If you don't have a Google account you can easily create one for free my creating a Google email account.
2. Next, click the red "Create a new map" button to create a new wedding map or any map.
3. You can add you wedding points (chapel, homes, reception, hotels, restaurants, POI, airports;etc) to the map and add the address and additional information in the info text box. To really get fancy you can also add pictures, video, and links in the text box for more information.
4. You can also add routes with the route tool or line tool so people well know the fastest and safest routes to locations.
5. To get even fancier you can change the base map to show more refined “wedding” colors. Google has color base maps in Cream(Whitewater), Dark Tan(Simple Atlas), Light Pink (Mono City) and other colors and satellite base maps.
6. Experiment with the features and symbols that Google gives you. Click the paint bucket next to your point icon in the map legend to get more markers.
7. You can share your newly named and saved map in gmail, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also invite people using email addresses.
8. The best part about Google My Maps is you can log back in and make changes to the map or delete it at any time. YOU are in control.
Google maps custom symbols you can copy or link to:
GE Map Icons Map icon collections Click on the symbol and open it in a new window to show the symbol and path. You can also just click on the symbol marker and do a copy path and than paste the path.