How to order a custom layered Adobe Illustrator or PDF map:
Our Basic Map prices -
Small unedited illustrator and pdf maps can start as low as 85.00
Note: Many people like to order unedited maps and do the final edits and changes on the lines, fills, and fonts.
Edited maps start at 230.00 and up
Maps such as large fold maps with indexing start at 750.00 and up
1. Decide the geographical map area needed for your map. Tell us the center point or the approximate center of the map. If you have Google Earth you can use their polygon tool and create a border around the area you need mapped. You can than email the drawn border right from Google Earth to us. If not, give us street intersections and city. Also, zip codes and local features like shopping centers and airports are good references.
2. Let us know if you need detail or arterial streets on the map. If you are covering a large area, it is best to show just arterial streets(Freeways, Highways, State and major routes). Detail streets and name text looks like black blob regions if too large of a area is covered.
2. Decide the output size in inches. This is basically the 100% size of the map. However you can print it smaller or larger by setting the print driver scale percentage. And you can scale/crop it in a page layout program like Adobe Indesign or Quark.
3. Decide the Dots per inch(dpi) for the map output. This is also know as print or map resolution. We can output to 70, 72, 300, 600, and 800 dpi. If nothing is stated we will use the standard 300 dpi for the map output. 800 dpi should not be used unless you have a ton of memory on your computer. File sizes can get huge with high dpi.
4. Decide the style of map. If know the fonts and colors that you like, please let us know. Better yet, send us a example from a website or picture if you have one. There are a lot of styles, and any graphic examples really help us figure out what you want. Please tell us what you need - email@example.com
5. Once we start the map we usually send a final proof for approval for you to check. However, we only do corrections on edited maps of 230.00 or more. We usually can do any minor changes with no extra charge. Large changes and major redos will add additional costs.
6. Once you approve the proof, we post the map with invoice on the website.